JOIN THE MOVEMENT AND HELP HUNGRY FAMILIES RIGHT HERE IN OUR COMMUNITY!
freedom from hunger walk 2017 - raise funds to feed local hungry families!
you can walk or run to feed local hungry families.
There is no cost to participate. Each Walker commits to raising at least $100 in order to participate. But take note - our first-time walkers on average raise $700 or more!
Note: You must be registered in the Common Heart Firecracker Run to be eligible for race awards and professional timing.
The Walk takes place on July 4 during the Common Heart Firecracker Run at 7:30 am on July 4. YOu Chose whether to Walk (Run) a distance of 1k (.6 mile), 5k (3.1 miles) or 10k (6.2 miles)
- REGISTER TO WALK for the Freedom From Hunger Walk 2017 to benefit Common Heart's Common Cupboard pantries.
- Customize your online donation page.
- We will email FFHW package which includes helpful tips and forms.
- Recruit some friends to join you multiply your efforts to help hungry families.
- Share your page via social media and email. Ask folks to support YOU AND FEED hungry families locally.
- Ask your neighbors, friends and family to donate in person using your donation forms.
- Sign up for Common Heart Firecracker Run IF you want your Run/Walk to be timed and be eligible for gold, silver and bronze medals for overall and age group 10k and 5k races.
We also offer prizes for those who reach fundraising goals
- Every walker gets a T shirt.
- When you raise $100 you get Freedom From Hunger Water Bottle
- Prizes accumulate as you raise more funds
- $250 - Common Cupboard Drawstring Backpack
- $500 - Common Heart "Cool to be Kind" Ball Cap
- $1500 - Gold Pass to Carowinds or Restaurant Gift Card
- $3500 - Ipad
All proceeds to benefit Common Heart.Common Heart is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization promoting personal action and awareness to address hunger and poverty. Located in Indian Trail we are encouraging a "small revolution of kindness" to transform individuals, families and communities through our food pantries, thrift store, free tax service and resource networking.